CS-101 FUNDAMENTS OF COMPUTER
AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
L-3, T-0, P-0
Marks:- Internal 40, External 60, Total 100
- Computer Basics: Basic structure of computer and its working,
Block diagram of computer associated peripherals, memories, RAM, ROM, secondary
- Introduction to Windows: Introduction to windows
and its features.
- Introduction to MS WORD: Introduction to MS
Word, document creation, editing, printing and saving, spell check and mail
merge. Process text by using text processor package such as MS Word. Use
of computer using windows operating system.
- C++ Introduction : Introduction to C++ Language, structure of
C++ Programme. Creating source file and compiling and linking, tokens, keywords
Identifiers and data structures, symbolic constants, variable operators, control
- Functions, Arrays and Operator Overloading : Functions and their
types. Introduction to one- dimensional, two- dimensional and multidimensional
arrays. Concepts of Object Oriented programming, structures, classes and objects.
Operator overloading concepts and type conversions. Inheritance. Pointers
virtual functions and polymorphism.
- File Handling : Input and output operations. Files, file pointers
and their manipulations. Sequential input/ output operations, random access,
error handling during compilation.
- Introduction to Information Technology: Programme development
tools and implementing simple programmes. Introduction to Information Technology
and its applications.
- Introduction of internet and its applications.
- TEXT BOOKS:
- "Fundamentals of Information Technology and Computer
Programming" V.K. Jain; S.K. Kataria & Sons.
- REFERENCE BOOKS